Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) will provide flu and pneumonia shots for persons aged 9 and over in Lee, Collier, Charlotte and Sarasota Counties.
VNA accepts traditional Medicare Part B, RR Medicare, and the Part B equivalent through Universal. Beneficiaries will need to show their Medicare cards to avoid out of pocket expense. At the moment, VNA is unable to accept other Medicare plans or HMOs but we will provide an insurance-ready receipt that can be submitted for reimbursement. Please note that no guarantees can be made as to whether insurance plans will reimburse for flu and/or pneumonia vaccination.
Visiting Nurses Association (VNA) is unable to bill any insurance company for immunizations. VNA accepts cash or checks at community sites. Credit cards can only be accepted at clinics held in the VNA office.
Seasonal Flu Information:
People 6 months of age and older can receive inactivated influenza vaccine. (However, please note that VNA only immunizes individuals aged 9 and over.) The flu shot is recommended for everyone.
Who can benefit from the flu shot?- Anyone 50 years of age or older
- Anyone 9 years to 18 years of age on Long-term aspirin treatment
(they could develop Reyes Syndrome if they got influenza).
- Women who will be pregnant during influenza season.
- Anyone with long term health problems with :
Heart Disease, Kidney Disease, Lung Disease, Metabolic Disease/Diabetes,
Asthma, Anemia, and other blood disorders
- Anyone with a weakened immune system due to :
• HIV / AIDS or other diseases affecting the immune system
• Long-term treatment with drugs such as steroids
• Cancer treatment with x-rays or drugs
- Anyone with certain muscle or nerve disorders
(such as seizure disorders or severe cerebral palsy)
that can lead to breathing or swallowing problems
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities
- Health care providers
- Household contacts and caregivers of children from birth up to 5 years of age
- Household contacts and caregivers of people 50 years and older, and those with medical conditions that put them at higher risk for severe complications from influenza.
- People who provide essential community services.
- People living in dormitories or under crowded conditions.
- People at high risk of influenza complications who travel to the Southern hemisphere between April and September, or to the tropics or in organized tourist groups at any time.
For more flu information, contact SpecialPrograms@visitingnurseswfl.com
Setting up a clinic is Easy!
The Visiting Nurses Association of Southwest Florida, Inc. has been providing immunization services in the community for over 15 years.
With VNA, the services come to you to protect your community from the flu and pneumonia. There is no cost to you as a site sponsor and we bring all supplies with us and take all of them away, including trash, when we are done. This is one of the VNA programs we are proudest of because we know that preventive care is key to keeping our community healthy and out of the hospitals.
While there are other opportunities for vaccination, choosing a VNA flu clinic not only provides you with the protection you need, but also makes a difference in your community. As a non-profit home health agency serving Southwest Florida, all VNA funds stay right here to help your neighbors, friends, family, and you when you need us. And with VNA there is NEVER a contract because we believe that your word is valuable.
To request a clinic at your site or facility, please download our Site Information Form and fax it or mail it in to us.
For program inquiries, contact SpecialPrograms@visitingnurseswfl.com
Travel Health and Vaccinations
For every 100,000 people who journey to the tropics:
45,000 will experience some type of health problem
Nearly 35,000 will contract traveler’s diarrhea
Approximately 1 traveler in 12 will become sick enough to seek medical attention during or after the trip.
Source: Paynter W. Travel medicine. Clinician Reviews®. 2000;10(1):Board Review. Accessed July 19, 2004.
◊ VACATIONS ◊ MISSIONS
◊ INTERNATIONAL ADOPTIONS
◊ OVERSEAS STUDIES ◊ GLOBAL EMPLOYMENT
The VNA Travel Clinic offers:
Fast, Professional Service
Affordable Vaccines & Travel Education
Services are tailored to each traveler and each destination.
Every traveler receives a customized, destination-specific Report detailing important travel information such as up-to-date health alerts and consular warnings.
*Flu and pneumonia vaccines may be covered under primary Medicare Part B.
All others may pay by cash , check or credit card (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover).
An insurance-friendly receipt will be provided.
Email us now for more information or to make your appointment: SpecialPrograms@visitingnurseswfl.com